Friday, April 12, 2013


Concentration written commentary

My main idea in my concentration of photographs was to view objects at an irregular angle or position. I also want to show my viewer’s a different view of nature, and the objects I see around me, by layering nature pictures, and pictures of man-made objects and colors. I have a strong connection with each and every picture in my series. I view objects at a different perspective than others. I see something dull and I can think and see it in a whole different way than how it looks in reality. For example, in one of my final photographs, I layered an un-peeled orange with peeled orange slices to show a different view of an orange. I used, in my series of photos, many different elements and principles of design. I decided to concentrate on this topic because I feel it expresses my personality, and how I see the world. I want my viewer’s to have to think, and to wonder how I came up with the ideas.    

In the beginning of my concentration adventure, I explored irregular angles and positions, but then I found myself exploring different ways of seeing trees, and other objects, using the layering technique in Photoshop. In my first images I wanted to show an awkward position of the eye, using a vase that ended up looking something like a vortex. Then, I moved to an ordinary candle, and came out with a beautiful candle, full of color, that looks like its floating on pink clouds.  In many of my pictures, I used Rule of thirds to create a more exciting point of view. I used Movement in my pictures, for my viewer’s eyes to travel. Light was an important element in my pictures because many of my pictures are complex, but have great texture. In some of my photos I used repetition, to give a better view of the objects. In my final images, I ended with very colorful and irregular pictures that expressed my main idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment